Friday, August 8, 2008

Oh, Henry...

So, I have been learning more and more about Henry VIII over the past couple of years and I find myself at first moving from one extreme to another. At first I feel totally disgusted by him, and then I feel totally fascinated by him. I don't know if I have ever felt this range of emotion regarding a character (Who just happens to have been a real person!). On the one hand I want to dislike him, but on the other hand, I can't get enough of him! The stories about him never seem to end, and it seem as if his exploits should belong to a fictional character other than a real person (A king no less!).

I am on a mission to learn more about Henry...I just can't help myself. I don't think he would mind if I call him Henry. I'm sure he's been called much worse behind his back.

2 comments:

Suzi said...

Dear Bizzie,
Thank you for sharing you story on my blog www.BringPeaceNotPain.blogspot.com, You say you’ve been contemplating fear lately...it sounds as if you have conquered quite a bit of fear in your life lately. I believe that many times when we are stuck in a bad situation and unable to move, the universe will come along and give us the push we need (your layoff). Sometimes when this happens it is hard to see it as anything positive, the reality of uncertainty and the thought of change can very scary. But Kudos to you, because it sounds like you have used this opportunity to grow, face your fears and take ownership and responsibility for your life. You are without doubt much healthier than when you were at the company and will continue to heal and grow. Keep up the good work, you have a wonderful attitude!

Suzi
PS...is Bizzie really your nickname...one of my best friends has been call Bizzy her entire life.
PS-2....I am also fasinated w/King Henery.love the Tutor's

Bizzie said...

Hi Suzy,

Thank you for your kind words and positive spirit! You have a lot of wisdom.

Bizzie is a nickname that my friends gave me back in college. I had three part time jobs in school, so my friends shortened my nickname to, "Bizzie," instead of, "Busy Bee." What a coincidence!

Yes, Henry is quite a character! I'm looking forward to The Tudors next season.